Apply for Statutory Sick Pay

If you're an employee and unable to work because you're ill you may be able to get Statutory Sick Pay. It is paid by your employer and can be paid for up to 28 weeks.


You must fill in form SSP1 when an employee is not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), or when an employee’s SSP has come to or is coming to an end. 


Your employer should  give you form SSP1 because you cannot get SSP, or because your SSP is coming to an end.

Download form SSP1

Use the link below for more information about Statutory Sick Pay, and to download and complete claim form SSP1. 

More information

Visit GOV.UK for further information on Statutory Sick Pay



Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.