Create a taxi or bus licence account
In the coming months you’ll have to apply online for the following types of licences: taxi and bus operator, taxi driver, taxi vehicle or bus vehicle tests. To use this new service, you first need to create an online account.
Before you start
Existing nidirect account holders will need to update their account to use the new service. If you don’t already have an account then you will need to create one.
You can create or update an online account before the new taxi and bus licensing service is introduced in the coming months. Do this via the green link below - you’ll need:
- a valid email address
- a password (at least eight characters that must have an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter and one number)
- a memorable word between six and 15 characters
If you need help creating your online account, see below under ‘Additional information.’ There, you’ll also find the benefits of the new online service.
You can find out how any personal information you send to the Department for Infrastructure (Driver and Vehicle Agency) when using this service will be handled by viewing their privacy notice.
The Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) will be writing to you to make sure that those who need help to create or update their online account, are able to use the new service. Therefore, make sure that the DVA has your right postal address (as shown on your driving licence):
This is how the new taxi and bus licensing online service will help you:
- you’ll be able to do the full licence application process totally online, including being able to upload supporting documents and pay online
- the licence that you’ve applied for will be delivered to you online – this will speed up the licence application process
- operators can remove and add vehicles or drivers to their licence in real time
- you’ll have 24 hour access to your own licence information and licence history
More useful links
Driving for a living
- Bus operator licensing
- Conduct for driving lorries and buses
- Create a taxi or bus licence account
- Driving at work
- Goods vehicle operator licensing
- Graduated Fixed Penalty and Deposit Scheme
- HGV road user levy
- Public Service Vehicle Accessibility Certificate
- Refusal/revocation of bus operator's licence