Book your MOT/ vehicle test online
You can book your MOT/ vehicle test appointment online via the green link below. If you can't get an appointment before your existing MOT expires, you must book the earliest available appointment.
Types of vehicle tests you can book with this service
- MOT/ vehicle test appointment
- MOT/ vehicle re-test appointment (within 21 days of the full test)
- heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test
- light goods vehicles test
- trailer test
- taximeter test
- vehicle acquittal - book through the cars, motorcycles, light goods vehicles, HGV and light passenger carrying vehicles section
To book a vehicle test online you’ll need:
- the vehicle registration number or for a trailer a C or NI number
- the last four digits of the chassis number
- a debit or credit card - Maestro debit card is not accepted
- a valid email address
Change, cancel or view an MOT booking
You can choose a test centre and the date and time of your test.
Check the MOT history of a vehicle
You may check the past results of a vehicle’s MOT tests online.
You can only get results for tests done since December 2017 for vehicles tested in Northern Ireland.
If you miss the test
If you don't cancel your appointment and miss your test, you will lose your fee. You will then have to pay the full fee for another appointment.
Taxis and buses
You can only book a taxi and bus test appointment after you have applied for a licence and the vehicle has been approved for testing by DVA’s passenger transport licensing division.
If you have a new class A or B taxi, they need a taximeter test, before you can book a vehicle test. A taximeter is also needed where a taximeter has been changed, repaired or if the seal is damaged.
For more information on how to apply see the links below.
- If you are applying to renew your licence, you can check your licence expiry date by logging online to the taxi and bus licensing system or you will get the expiry date on your vehicle licence reminder which will issue six/ eight weeks before your licence expiry date.
If you have a vehicle in one of the categories below, you can also book a test but you won’t receive an automatic reminder as these vehicles are not in the DVA system:
- vehicles not registered or not tested in Northern Ireland and due a test
- vehicles with MOT expired by more than 12 months
- vehicles currently declared SORN (only if the previous MOT has expired by more than 12 months or if the vehicle is now due its first test)
- buses due a first time test (not for ‘hire and reward’ use)
- first time taxis
You can find out how any personal information you send to the Department for Infrastructure (Driver & Vehicle Agency) when using this service will be handled by viewing their privacy notice.
For queries about this service, you can contact testing enquiries: