Support groups for parents of children with disabilities

You may find it useful to talk to other parents who have children with disabilities. There are organisations and charities with local support groups which parents can go to. You can ask your health or social worker about support groups in your area.

Disability-specific groups

Some charities and organisations offer support for people with specific impairments or needs. They may be able to advise you about any support groups that exist near you.  

Contact with other carers

Caring can sometimes be lonely. There are ways to make contact with other carers:

Find local support groups

Your local Health and Social Care (HSC) trust may run support groups for carers, children, young people and families.

Contact a family

To find families who have children with disabilities near you, or for help and support, visit website:

More useful links

Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.