The 1:10,000 scale mapping is derived directly from the OSNI Largescale database. This mapping provides clear, detailed and textual information on roads, buildings, fields, administrative boundaries, water features and vegetation overlaid by contours at 10m intervals.
The 1:10,000 scale raster is available as regular tiles or a bespoke site-centred area.
1:10,000 scale mapping is available as paper plots or as digital raster data.
Raster mapping is the simplest form of digital mapping. The raster data is geo-referenced to the Irish Grid so it can be viewed in the right geographical position using GI software.
Bespoke paper plots can be centred on a site-specific area in landscape orientation and are printed at A* paper size. Paper plots of 1:10,000 scale mapping show Irish Grid lines and coordinates directly on the map.
- this raster product has been derived from OSNI Largescale data
- clear and detailed information showing many topographical features and includes road, street and administrative names
- geo-referenced: Irish Grid co-ordinates can be found for any point on the map using GI software and can be used with other OSNI mapping and address data such as Pointer
- bespoke 1:10,000 scale raster mapping is generated directly from the most up-to-date OSNI Largescale database
- the 1:10,000 scale raster tiles are updated annually in line with OSNI map revision policy
- ideal mid-level scale for background mapping
- data analysis
- environmental analysis
- development and land use planning
- can be overlaid with customer geographical, address or business data
- can be displayed on almost any GI and graphics software
- fully edge-matched
- high resolution 400dpi
- supplied in uncompressed tiff format complete with tiff world files (tfw) to geo-reference
- supplied in enhanced compressed wavelet (ecw) format complete with world files (eww) to geo-reference
- supplied as bespoke user defined areas or in tiles covering a quarter of an Irish Grid sheet, average file size is 12MB
- area covered by each tile 4.8km x 3.2km