Get your State Pension

Use this service to get your State Pension.

Before you start

You'll need:

  • your unique invitation code (on your 'Get your State Pension' letter)
  • the date of your most recent marriage, civil partnership or divorce
  • dates of time spent living or working abroad
  • your personal or joint bank or building society details

If you haven't received a 'Get your State Pension' invitation letter, you cannot claim online yet.


Get your State Pension

Additional information

If you don't want to get your State Pension now, you don't have to do anything. You may get more State Pension if you put off claiming:

You can also claim by phone or by post:

There is a different way to claim if you live overseas. Contact the International Pension Centre for advice.

If you live in England, Scotland or Wales you will need to get your State Pension with

Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback