Cancel your practical driving test appointment online
This service allows you to cancel and refund your practical driving test appointment online. Your appointment notice from the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) will tell you the last day you can cancel your appointment. You must cancel by this date to get your fee refunded.
Before you start
The DVA is delivering driving tests for motorcycles (Category AM, A1, A2 and A) private cars (category B), lorries (Category C) and buses (Category D).
As capacity is initially limited, the DVA is continuing to prioritise the following groups:
- priority workers who have requested an urgent driving test and are currently on a waiting list
- customers who had driving tests booked (March-June) and whose tests were cancelled due to the measures imposed to prevent the spread of COVID 19.
If you are in one of these categories and have booked a practical test, you can cancel your test slot using the link below.
The last day you can cancel your appointment is based on the information below under the heading 'Additional information'.
When cancelling and refunding your practical driving test appointment you will need:
- the booking reference number
- your driving licence number
- your date of birth
You can find out how any personal information you send to the Department for Infrastructure (Driver and Vehicle Agency) when using this service will be handled by viewing their privacy notice
Day of the test
|Last cancellation date|
|Monday||Tuesday before the test|
|Tuesday||Wednesday before the test|
|Wednesday||Thursday before the test|
|Thursday||Friday before the test|
|Friday||Monday before the test|
|Saturday||Tuesday before the test|
If the date of your test is close to a public or bank holiday, the above 'last cancellation date' does not apply. Instead, you'll find these last cancellation dates on the following page:
Due to the impact of Covid-19, the DVA has limited capacity to answer customer queries. Should you need to get in touch with the DVA on an urgent matter, use the e-mail provided below. This e-mail address will be monitored but due to ongoing pressures on services and staff, it may take longer than usual for a response to be provided. The DVA apologises for any inconvenience caused and will try to reply to your query as soon as possible. Email: email@example.com. For the most up to date position on DVA service availability, please visit the Coronavirus (Covid 19) and motoring page.
- Book your practical driving test online
- Cancel your practical driving test appointment online
- Change your practical driving test appointment online
- Independent driving
- Minimum requirements for test vehicles
- Practical test for cars
- Practical test for motorcycles
- Reporting for your practical test
- View your practical driving test appointment online.