Before you contact LPS
List all the income you have and include:
- take home pay you and your partner receive
- any benefits you and your partner receive
- any money from other people who live with you
- regular income such as a work pension or maintenance
List where your money goes. Your rent or mortgage, rates and home heating bills are the most important debts. These take priority over debts such as credit cards, catalogues and loans.
Using these lists, you will see how much money you have. This will help LPS come to a rate payment agreement with you.
To contact LPS:
- phone: 0300 200 7801
- text relay: 18001 0300 200 7801
Alternatively, you can go to any LPS rating office.
Help with your rates
There are reliefs and entitlements available to help some ratepayers pay their rates.
Get free debt and benefits advice
You can get information on handling money, dealing with debt and benefits you may be entitled to:
- Housing Rights
- Step Change Debt Charity
- Law Centre NI Belfast office
- Law Centre NI Western area office
- Advice NI
- Benefit Enquiry Line
If you don't pay your rates
If you do not pay your rates or contact LPS to make an arrangement to pay your bill, LPS will take you to court.