Make changes online to a landlord rate account

Landlords with Article 20 and Article 21 rate accounts can make changes online to their accounts. They can update their personal details and tell Land & Property Services (LPS) about changes to their rental properties. An authorised third party can also contact LPS about changes to the landlord’s rate account.

Article 20 and Article 21 rate accounts

Only landlords who pay their rental property rates through Article 20 or Article 21 rate accounts can use the online forms.

To read about rate accounts for a landlord with rental properties, go to:

Third party authorisation

A landlord’s representative can make online changes if they have third party authorisation from the landlord.

The landlord needs to give LPS written notice that the representative is authorised to manage the rate account. The landlord must complete a third party authorisation form.

Making changes to your rental property account

If you’re a landlord, there are four online forms you can use to tell LPS about different changes in your circumstances. The forms allow you to:

  • update your personal details
  • update your billing address or add a second address
  • add a rental property to your rate account
  • remove a rental property from your rate account

You can complete one or more forms at one time. 

Update your personal details

You can change personal details on your rate account, including:

Update your billing address

You can change the primary or secondary billing address where Land & Property Services send your rate bill if:

  • you have a holiday home and you want the rate bill sent to your main residence
  • you're renting out your property and changed your home address
  • you moved house but haven’t sold your old property

You can also use this form to add a second billing address for a business.

Add a second billing address for a business

If the landlord is a limited company, public limited company or limited partnership, they must give their registered office address as listed in Companies House. 

If this address is outside Northern Ireland, the landlord should give a second billing address in Northern Ireland.

Add a rental property to your rate account

You can record new information about a rental property if:

  • you are the new owner
  • the property has changed from vacant to occupied
  • you want to move a property from an Article 20 rate account to an Article 21 rate account

Remove a rental property from your rate account

You can tell Land & Property Services to remove a rental property if you sold the property.

Update a landlord rate account

Check you have the landlord’s ratepayer ID and rate account details. You need to give this information before you can open an online form.

More useful links


Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.