About the specialist centres
The aim of having the services on specialist sites is to help reduce:
- waiting times for appointments
- cancellation of appointments
- cancellation of treatment (due to emergency surgery pressures at other sites)
Where there are clinical reasons, decided by a health consultant, a person may be seen at another hospital.
The centres are currently prototypes. However, there are plans that all routine treatment for cataracts and varicose veins will be carried out at the specialist sites in the future.
Location of the centres
The centres for surgery for cataracts are at:
The centres for treatment of varicose veins are at:
Getting treatment for cataracts and varicose veins
Your doctor or optometrist will refer you if you need treatment for cataracts. Your doctor will refer you if you need treatment for varicose veins.
You will then receive an appointment letter. This letter will have:
- contact details for the booking office – this is the number to phone to make an appointment
- information about your procedure and the specialist centre it will take place