Housing repairs - decoration and disturbance allowances

You may be eligible for a payment to help with moving into a new home or to help decorate after the Housing Executive (NIHE) or registered housing association has done work to your home.

Decoration allowance for your home

A decoration allowance is a payment made by the Housing Executive or housing association to a tenant after major repairs or programmed works within their home such as re-plastering.

The payment is to help the tenant pay their home decorating costs.

Temporary accommodation

If the Housing Executive or housing association does major work to your home, they may arrange that you can stay in your home during the work. If you have to leave your home, the Housing Executive or housing association will arrange temporary accommodation.

More useful links

Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.