What is the Decent Homes Standard?
The Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) works to:
- provide effective programmes of improvement and maintenance
- reduce the levels of unfit housing and improve housing conditions in the private sector through grant aid
- promote good standards of housing design and practice
- improve energy efficiency, promote energy conservation and help reduce fuel poverty
- The decent homes standard - NIHE website(external link)
Housing conditions are tracked through the House Condition Survey. The survey helps the Housing Executive to decide where to invest money on improving housing conditions. You can get further details from the Housing Executive or your housing association.