Claiming for criminal injuries sustained before May 2002

If you are under 21 years of age and were criminally injured on or before 30 April 2002 by a violent offence or abuse while you were still a minor, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

Making a claim

To tell the Compensation Services that you intend to apply for compensation under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme 1988, you will need to complete a Notice of Intention form.

Download and fill in a Notice of Intention Form

Once this form is received, the Compensation Services will make an assessment and if the incident falls within the remit of the legislation, an application form will be sent to you for completion.

Historic sexual abuse

If you are now over 21 years of age and wish to lodge a claim for sexual abuse, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme 2009 allows for claims for sexual abuse to be considered where they would have been governed by previous legislation.

Help completing your claim

For further assistance with queries please contact the Compensation Services.

Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback