|Species||brown and rainbow trout|
|Season||1 March to 31 October|
|Methods||fly fishing, spinning and worm fishing|
|Daily bag limit||four trout per rod per day|
|Size limit||minimum takeable size 25.4cm|
|Boats||fishing from boats is not permitted|
|Licence||DAERA game rod licence: Game rod licence prices from DAERA|
|Permit||DAERA game angling permit: Game angling permit prices from DAERA|
|Restrictions||angling is only permitted between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm|
There is an algae bloom in Stoneyford reservoir. You can't tell if an algae bloom in the water is toxic just by looking at it, so it's best to assume that it is harmful and take the following precautions:
- do not swim in the water
- do not swallow the water
- avoid contact with the water or algae
- do not eat fish caught from the water
- pet owners should make sure that their animals do not have access to the water or drink the water
- observe and abide by any warning notices positioned around the water
Anglers must use the official entrances. Do not trespass on the adjoining lands. Cars should be parked in the car parks so that the roads next to the fishery are not blocked. Wading is permitted but care should be taken as it may be dangerous when the water is at certain levels.
How to get there
From Belfast to Stoneyford on the A501
Take the Glen Road and go 8.07 miles to Sales Corner. Turn right at B101 towards Dundrod and drive on for less than a mile (0.74 miles) . Turn left at the signpost for Stoneyford. The reservoir is signposted on the left.
From the M1
Leave the M1 at the Moira roundabout and take the A26 towards the airport. Turn left into Glenavy on the A26. Go through Glenavy and take the B38 towards Belfast. For Stoneyford, fork right off the B38 at the ‘Y’ bridge 2.73 miles out of Glenavy. The reservoir is on the right after Stoneyford village.
From Belfast International Airport
From the airport, take the A26 to Nutts Corner roundabout. Take the B101 towards Lisburn through Dundrod. Leathemstown is on the right 1.49 miles past Dundrod. The signpost for Stoneyford is 3.47 miles after Dundrod.
Other places to fish
- DAERA Public Angling Estate fisheries - 70 fisheries to choose from
- Fisheries outside the Public Angling Estate
Everything you need to go fishing
- Angling - everything you need to go fishing in Northern Ireland
- Angling - includes fish stocking figures, contact details and more