Lead signatory in a registered body
As part of the registration process, the organisation must appoint a lead signatory. The lead signatory must:
- be over 18 years old
- never have been removed from the AccessNI register
- be checked for any criminal records
If you don't meet these conditions, AccessNI can refuse to register you or allow you to become a lead signatory. AccessNI will ask the registered body to put forward another person.
Once registered, the lead signatory will get a six digit personal identification number (PIN) for processing online applications. They can also appoint counter signatories to manage applications for the registered body.
Counter signatory in a registered body
AccessNI checks a counter signatory for criminal records before they can manage applications. If a counter signatory is unsuitable, AccessNI won't register them and will ask the registered body to put forward another person.
It costs £10.00 to register each counter signatory. AccessNI will send an invoice for this amount to the registered body.
Apply to become a counter signatory
You must be invited by an AccessNI-registered body to become a counter signatory. The lead signatory for the registered body will give you their six digit personal identification number (PIN). You need this PIN to apply online.
You'll also need to create a unique account with nidirect. You shouldn't use an existing nidirect account to complete the counter signatory application.
Personal identification number (PIN)
Once AccessNI approves your application to become a counter signatory, they'll give you a unique PIN. This PIN identifies that you are authorised to check and approve AccessNI applications for a particular registered body.
You'll need to give this PIN to people applying online for a standard or enhanced check through your registered body.
Managing AccessNI applications online
You can log in to your nidirect account to:
- see and send applications for checks you've received
- manage your account
- track the progress of applications
- Log in to manage an nidirect account
How signatories process applications for standard and enhanced checks
When processing applications for standard and enhanced checks, the lead or counter signatories in a registered body must:
- give their PIN to the applicant to complete the online transaction
- check the application has been completed and that the job applicant's information is accurate and genuine
- make sure the applicant's identity has been verified
- approve the application on the registered body's behalf
- follow all AccessNI’s guidelines about managing the disclosure certificates and safeguarding the confidential information
Guidance for signatories
You can download the ‘PIN notification and ID validation form’ to help process applications and give applicants information they need. You can use the form to:
- record the ID documents that have been checked for an applicant (organisations should keep this form on their employee file)
- provide the applicant with your PIN
- provide the applicant with instructions on how to access the online applications
- make sure that the information entered by the applicant matches the ID details checked
To read information for AccessNI employers, go to:
Training for signatories
AccessNI holds training sessions for signatories and administrators processing AccessNI checks. To read more, go to:
More useful links