AccessNI advice and complaints
AccessNI provides advice and support to registered bodies and individuals requiring disclosure checks. To complain about AccessNI’s general service or turnaround times, you need to send a written complaint.
AccessNI customer support
You can contact AccessNI customer support for advice on:
- completing an application for a disclosure
- storing and handling a disclosure certificate
- paying for AccessNI disclosures
- raising a dispute about your certificate
- making a complaint about AccessNI services
To read how you can track an application, go to:
How to complain
You should use AccessNI's complaints policy to complain about:
- administration errors such as sending documents to the wrong address or invoice queries
- delays in receiving information or a disclosure certificate
- incorrect information or guidance given by the Department of Justice
- AccessNI staff conduct, attitude or behaviour
To make a complaint you should contact AccessNI. AccessNI does not formally record telephone complaints.
For complaints about the information disclosed on your AccessNI certificate, you must raise a dispute with AccessNI.
Who can complain to AccessNI
An applicant or a registered body can make a complaint. The letter or email should include:
- your name and personal details
- reference number on the certificate you are complaining about
- your counter signatory number if you are a registered body
How AccessNI processes your complaint
Usually AccessNI will:
- tell you that they have received your complaint within three working days
- confirm who will deal with your complaint
- confirm when you should receive a reply
Send your complaint by post or email. Make sure to include the reference ‘complaint’ on the letter or as the email subject.
AccessNI complaints policy
To read AccessNI's complaints policy, go to: