EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
You must be living in Northern Ireland by 31 December 2020 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
For information on how to apply, go to:
The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
It is recommended that you also check the GOV.UK website for guidance on the EU Settlement Scheme.
There are separate arrangements for Irish citizens, who will continue to benefit from the Common Travel Area.
If you hold Irish citizenship (including dual British and Irish citizenship) you do not need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Your family members who are not Irish citizens or British citizens will need to apply to the scheme and can do so regardless of whether you apply.
You cannot apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you have British citizenship.
If you're the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland
You can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you have a family member who is an eligible person of Northern Ireland, whether you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or not.
To be eligible, the person of Northern Ireland must:
- be a British, Irish or dual British and Irish citizen
- have been born in Northern Ireland
- at the time of their birth, have at least one parent who held British, Irish or dual British and Irish citizenship (or was without any restriction on their period of residence)
- be living in the UK by 31 December 2020
Help and advice
Support is available at the following link if you need help to fill out your application:
There are also two organisations in Northern Ireland, Advice NI and the Stronger Together EUSS Support Project, which can provide you with free, confidential advice and support, including:
- immigration advice
- practical help and support, including interpreting services and online access to help you complete your application
You can contact Advice NI by phone, email, or text:
- phone: free EU Settlement Scheme helpline 0800 138 6545
- text service: text EUSS to 66644 and an adviser will call you back
- email: email@example.com
Stronger Together EUSS Support Project
You can contact Stronger Together EUSS Support Project by phone or email:
- phone: 028 8775 0211
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of other links you can check for updates:
- Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
- Settled status: step-by-step
- EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit
- EU Settlement Scheme: community leaders toolkit