There are separate arrangements for Irish citizens, who will continue to benefit from the Common Travel Area.
EU, EEA or Swiss citizens
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
The EU Settlement Scheme
The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you will need to continue to live, work and study in the UK. This status means you can continue to be eligible for:
- public services, such as healthcare and schools
- public funds and pensions
If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.
The EU Settlement Scheme is run by the UK government and applications are free. The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
How to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme
If you want to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to fill out an online application using a computer, tablet or mobile phone.
To send an application, go to:
To be eligible to apply to the scheme, EU citizens will need to show they are living in the UK by December 2020.
You will also have to apply to the scheme if you are a citizen of:
Help and advice
Support is available if you need help to fill out your application.
If you need help, two organisations in NI, Advice NI and the Stronger Together EUSS Support Project, can provide you with free, confidential advice and support, including:
- immigration advice
- practical help and support, including interpreting services and online access to help you complete your application
You can contact Advice NI by phone, email, or text:
- phone: free EU Settlement Scheme helpline 0800 138 6545
- text service: text EUSS to 66644 and an adviser will call you back
- email: email@example.com
Stronger Together EUSS Support Project
You can contact Stronger Together EUSS Support Project by phone or email:
- phone: 028 8775 0211
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also go to the GOV.UK website for more information on the EU Settlement Scheme, including:
- how to apply
- who should apply
- when to apply
- what status you will receive
- your rights
- EU citizens with permanent residence or indefinite leave to stay
- EU citizens under 21
There are a number of other links you can check for updates:
- Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
- Settled status: step-by-step
- EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit
- EU Settlement Scheme: community leaders toolkit