Getting into sport can help you feel good about yourself.
Whatever sport you choose, what matters is that you are out and about and having fun:
As there are so many sporting activities going on, it can be difficult to find out what exactly is on offer in your area. If you’re not sure where to start looking, you can:
- check out your local council's website
- search online for sports clubs or centres near you, visit Sport Northern Ireland.
- Outmoreni - discover hundreds of outdoor trails and places across Northern Ireland
- Sports and people with disabilities
- Sport Northern Ireland
- Local councils in Northern Ireland
- Disability Sports NI website
The Education Authority (EA) in your region or church may run youth clubs or drop-in centres for young people where they can catch up with friends and meet others. You can also find out whether the EA in your region runs any classes that you may be of interest. They may organise a whole range of activities, such as drama groups and sport classes.
Ideas for your spare time
From taking up a sport, learning a new skill, or finding out more about your local history, there's something for everyone.
- Arts Council of Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Environment Agency
- National Museums Northern Ireland
- Everyday life and leisure
More useful links