Find a lost pension
If you have lost contact details about a workplace pension scheme or personal pension scheme, an online service is available to help you find contact information.
Find pension contact details
This online service will help you find contact details about a workplace pension scheme or personal pension scheme.
Workplace pension scheme
This is a pension scheme an employer offers to its employees. It is sometimes known as an occupational pension scheme.
If you are trying to trace a workplace pension scheme, start by working out:
- whether the employer traded under a different name
- the type of business the employer ran
- whether the employer changed address at any time
- years when you belonged to the pension scheme
Personal pension scheme
This is a scheme you arranged and bought from a pension provider, such as a bank, life assurance company or building society. It is entirely your own, which means you can contribute to it if you move jobs.
If you are trying to trace a personal pension scheme, start by working out:
- the name of the personal pension scheme
- the address where the personal pension scheme was run from
- the name of the bank, insurance company or building society involved with the personal pension scheme