Financial support for students from outside Northern Ireland

If you normally live outside Northern Ireland and are studying a higher education course anywhere in the UK, applications for student finance are handled by different organisations.

Students from England, Scotland or Wales

If you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, and are studying anywhere in the UK, your application for student finance will be dealt with by the authorities in your own region. Follow the links below to each website:

European Union (EU) students

If you are from another EU country and are studying or intending to study  in the UK,  find out how much you could get, and how to apply at the link below. You will also find information on help that may be available if you're a migrant worker from an EEA country or Switzerland, a family member of someone who is, or you're the child of a Turkish worker in the UK.

International students

If you don't qualify under the criteria described in any of the sections above, you'll be classed as an 'international student'. For more information on fees, visas' and finance, visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

More useful links

Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.