If you need help with boarding and disembarking you should give the ferry company as much notice as possible so that they can make proper arrangements.
The current ferry services operating to, from and within Northern Ireland are:
- Ballycastle to Campbelltown - Kintyre Express ferry service
- Ballycastle to Rathlin Island - Rathlin Ferry Limited
- Belfast to Douglas, Isle of Man - Manx Ferries
- Belfast to Liverpool - Stenaline
- Belfast to Cairnryan - Stenaline
- Larne to Cairnryan - P & O Ferries
- Larne to Troon - P & O Ferries
- Strangford to Portaferry
Ports and harbours
The current ports and harbours in operation in Northern Ireland are:
- Ballycastle (Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council website)
- Belfast Harbour (Belfast Harbour website)
- Londonderry Port (Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners website)
- Port of Larne (Port of Larne website)
- Portrush Harbour (Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council website)
- Harbour and marinas (Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council website)
- Warrenpoint Harbour (Warrenpoint Harbour Authority website)
Additional information on ferry travel for people with disabilities can be found on the travel by ferry section of nidirect:
The Consumer Council has produced additional information on traveling by ferry.
The Inclusive Mobility Transport Advisory Committee (Imtac) has also produced a fact sheet on travelling by sea for people with disabilities.