Ways to apply for or renew a Blue Badge
Individuals can apply for a badge or renew an existing badge online at the following page:
Download an application form
You can download an application form and guidance notes at the following page:
Request an application form
You can request an application form by contacting the Blue Badge Unit.
Material you need to send with your application
You must send one recent photograph which you should sign on the back.
It should be a colour passport-type photograph (head and shoulders) or any suitable photograph cut down to 45mm in height and 35mm in width.
Your photograph will not be on display when the badge is used in the vehicle.
If you are applying under Section B of the application form, you must provide a suitable certificate, letter of award or letter of entitlement.
If you are applying under Section C of the application form, you must provide supporting medical evidence.
A Blue Badge costs £10.00.
Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to the Department for Infrastructure. Do not send cash through the post.
If you are applying online, you can pay by credit or debit card.
If applying by post, completed forms should be sent to the Blue Badge Unit.
Incomplete application forms will be returned. If further information to support your application is needed, you will be notified.
Finding out if your application is successful
You should be told the outcome of your application within four to eight weeks of the Blue Badge Unit receiving it.
If further information to support your application is needed, it may take longer.
If your application is successful you will be issued with a blue badge pack containing:
- a letter of issue
- your badge
- guidance notes outlining your rights and responsibilities for using the badge
If your application is unsuccessful:
- you will be notified in writing of the reason you are not eligible
- your fee will be refunded
- you can ask to have you application reassessed if you don’t think all the information you provided was taken into account
- you can re-apply if your mobility problems become more serious or you become automatically entitled - see Section B of the application form