Order a marriage certificate online
Marriage certificates are available from 1845 for registered non-Roman Catholic marriages and all registered marriages from 1864 onwards. You can order a marriage certificate online from the General Register Office Northern Ireland (GRONI). You will need a credit or debit card to use this service.
Before you start
Due to the high volume of orders currently being received for certificates, non-priority orders may take up to 15 days to process.
You can use this service to order a marriage or a commemorative marriage certificate. You will need a credit or debit card and the following information:
- full names of the married couple
- bride's maiden name
- date and place of marriage
You can find out how any personal information you submit to GRONI when using this service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice.
For the purposes of detection and prevention of crime, information about your application may be passed on to other government or law enforcement agencies.
Find out more about ordering certificates, including other ways to order, fees and postage at the link below.
Marriage and registration
- Getting married in a civil ceremony
- Getting married in a religious ceremony
- Guidance on marriage procedures in Northern Ireland
- How and when to give notice for marriage
- Humanist marriage temporary celebrant registration
- Marriage outside the UK
- Marriage/civil partnership and immigration control
- Officiant registration
- Order a marriage certificate online
- Visiting Northern Ireland to marry or form a civil partnership
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback