Carer's Allowance: report changes online
Information about using the online service to report any changes in circumstances concerning your claim or application for Carer's Allowance.
Before you start
If you receive Carer's Allowance or have applied for the allowance, you'll need to report changed circumstances such as:
- changes to income or employment for you or a dependent adult
- changes to, or new benefits for you, the person you are caring for, or a dependent adult or child
- if you or a dependent adult go into full-time education (21 hours or more a week of supervised study)
- if a dependent child re-enters or leaves full time education
- change of address for you, a dependent adult or the person you're caring for
- breaks in caring - such as holidays or a stay in hospital
You also need to report a temporary or permanent move abroad.
The online service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What you’ll need
To use the online service, you need to know:
- your National Insurance number
- details of the person you’re caring for
- details of your changes
You can only use this service if you live in Northern Ireland. If you live in Great Britain you will need to visit GOV.UK website
Alternative to reporting a change online
If you are unable to report a change in circumstances online, you can report changed circumstances by contacting Disability and Carers Service.
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback