Answer questions anonymously online about your savings, income and outgoings to get benefit advice for you, your family or someone else.
Find out about benefits and tax credits now.
Figures given by the benefits calculator give an approximate guide to benefits you may be entitled to based on information you provide about your circumstances. These are estimates only and not offers of benefit. For exact figures you should apply to the relevant Jobs & Benefits office.
You can use the Benefits Calculator to:
- check which benefits you may be able to get
- get an estimate of the benefits, tax credits or pension that may be available
- compare estimates if your situation changes
- save your answers for a later date
- download and print results for reference
You may find it useful to have the following information to hand before you start:
- earnings, for example, wages slips
- benefit and pension details
- outgoings, for example, rates, rent, mortgage, childcare payments
- your local housing allowance rate, if you rent a property from a private landlord
When using a benefits calculator it is important that you enter your information correctly to get an estimate of what benefits you may be entitled to. You should seek independent advice before you make the decision to change your benefits.
Not suitable for everyone
The Benefits Calculator may not be suitable for everyone, for example, if you are in one of the following groups:
- people who are not British or Irish nationals
- UK nationals who live abroad
- on strike
- those permanently in residential care or nursing home