Consider joining NIE Networks and NI Water care registers
Date published: 24 November 2017
Older people and people with a medical condition or disability should consider joining the NI Water and Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIE Networks) care registers. The registers help to identify people who need extra help or support if there is an interruption to supply.
NI Water Customer Care Register
People who join the NI Water Customer Care Register can get a range of free additional services if they are an older consumer, have a serious medical condition, or need extra help for any other reason.
The full range of services provided to people on the register is outlined at the following link:
You can join the register by phone:
- Waterline 03457 440 088
NIE Networks Critical Care Register
NIE Networks offers a critical care information service to people who are dependent on life-supporting electrical equipment.
Anyone on this register will receive up-to-date information by phone during a power cut or a planned interruption of supply.
You can find out more, including how to register, at this link:
Details of a relative, neighbour or friend can also be given to NIE Networks as an alternative contact.
More useful links
- Winter help and advice
- Dealing with drinking water problems
- Make a complaint about your water or sewage service
- Energy efficiency
- Enjoying Christmas with a loved one who has dementia 18 December 2017
- Buy angling licences and permits online 16 December 2017
- Risks of buying illegally-imported dogs 15 December 2017
- Think about fire safety over the Christmas period 14 December 2017
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback