Your child’s school will advise when they need to make their subject choices and their options.
As well as help from careers teachers in schools, careers advisers offer careers information, advice and guidance to pupils through class talks, group work and interviews.
Live online presentation session
The Careers Service is hosting a live online presentation (webinar) for parents or guardians to:
- explain the importance of subject choices
- highlight the information and resources available to help both you and your child
The webinar will be broadcast on Wednesday 14 March at 11.00 am.
To take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7 March, giving the email address you wish to be contacted on. An instruction email will then be sent to join the webinar.
You can find more information about choosing subjects on the following page:
There is also a guide for parents to help you understand the range of options and support available at key transition stages, including information on what careers are likely to be in demand in the future.
For further help and advice, contact the Careers Service.
More useful links
- Helping young people with their education
- Helping young people with career choices
- Schools, learning and development
- Give your child a helping hand