Your child’s school will advise when they need to make their subject choices and their options.
As well as help from careers teachers in schools, careers advisers offer careers information, advice and guidance to pupils through class talks, group work and interviews.
Live online presentation session
There is a live online presentation (webinar) for parents or guardians to:
- explain the importance of subject choices
- highlight the information and resources available to help both you and your child
The webinar will be broadcast on Wednesday 13 March at 11.00 am.
To take part, 10 minutes before the presentation is due to start go to Year 10 choices and follow the instructions.
You can find more information about choosing subjects at:
There is also a guide for parents to help you understand the range of options and support available at key transition stages. This includes information on what careers are likely to be in demand in the future.
For further help and advice, contact the Careers Service.
More useful links
- Helping young people with their education
- Helping young people with career choices
- Schools, learning and development
- Give your child a helping hand