Complaints you can make
You can complain to LPS about:
- unreasonable delays
- the way you’ve been treated
LPS has a complaints procedure so that:
- making a complaint is straightforward
- your complaint is treated seriously
- your complaint is dealt with quickly and in confidence
- complaints are used to help review and improve their services
How to make a complaint
To make a complaint, contact Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit in LPS:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone : 0300 200 7805
- by telephone if calling from outside the UK +44 28 9049 5837
- in person at a Customer Information Centre
- by writing to Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit
- Land & Property Services
To read more about LPS Corporate Complaints Procedure, go to:
LPS will investigate your complaint. They usually reply within ten working days. If you're unhappy with their response to your complaint, contact:Ian Snowden
Land & Property Services
7 Lanyon Place
If you're still unhappy with the response, you can contact the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman (NIPSO).
The Ombudsman doesn't usually investigate a complaint unless the internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.
When you complain to LPS:
- they usually confirm in writing within two working days that they received your complaint
- they'll send you a full response within ten working days
- they'll tell you if there is a delay in replying
Types of complaint
LPS can investigate different types of appeal or complaint.
Housing Benefit appeals
There is a separate Housing Benefit appeals procedure if you don't agree with the amount of Housing Benefit you are receiving.
You can get details from:Land & Property Services
Housing Benefit Rate Relief Unit
56-66 Upper Queen Street
- telephone: 0300 200 7802
You can appeal the valuation LPS gave your property.
For information about the appeal procedure:
- telephone: 0300 200 7801
- text relay: 18001 0300 200 7801
You must pay your rate bill while LPS assesses your appeal. If your appeal is successful, LPS will refund any amount overpaid with interest if applicable.
If your complaint is about a licensing decision and you have exhausted all internal processes, you can contact:Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- telephone: 0303 123 1113
- website: ICO