Making a complaint to Land & Property Services

If you are unhappy with the service which Land & Property Services (LPS) provided, you can make a complaint.

Complaints you can make

You can complain to LPS about:

  • mistakes 
  • unreasonable delays
  • the way you’ve been treated

LPS has a complaints procedure so that:

  • making a complaint is as easy as possible
  • your complaint is treated seriously
  • your complaint is dealt with quickly and in confidence
  • complaints are used to help review and improve their services

How to make a complaint

To make a complaint, contact Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit in LPS: 

  • by email:
  • by telephone :  0300 200 7805
  • by telephone if calling from outside the UK  +44 28 9049 5837
  • in person at a Customer Information Centre
  • by writing to  Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit 
Land & Property Services
Corporate Correspondence and Complaints Unit
Lanyon Plaza
7 Lanyon Place
Town Parks

To read more about LPS Corporate Complaints Procedure, go to:

LPS will investigate your complaint and usually reply within ten working days. If you,re unhappy with the response to your complaint, contact:

Ian Snowden
Land & Property Services
Lanyon Plaza
7 Lanyon Place
Town Parks

If you're still unhappy with the response, you can contact the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman (NIPSO):

Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman
Progressive House
33 Wellington Place

The Ombudsman doesn't usually investigate a complaint unless the internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.

Response times

When you complain to LPS:

  • they usually confirm in writing within two working days that they received your complaint 
  • they will send you a full response within ten working days
  • they'll tell you if there is a delay in replying

Types of complaint

LPS can investigate different types of appeal or complaint.

Housing Benefit appeals

There is a separate Housing Benefit appeals procedure if you don't agree with the amount of Housing Benefit you are receiving.

You can get details from:

Land & Property Services
Housing Benefit Rate Relief Unit
Queen's Court
56-66 Upper Queen Street
Town Parks
  • telephone: 0300 200 7802 

Valuation appeals

You can appeal the valuation LPS gave your property.

For information about the appeal procedure:

  • telephone: 0300 200 7801
  • text relay: 18001 0300 200 7801

You must  pay your rate bill while LPS assesses your appeal. If your appeal is successful, LPS will refund any amount overpaid, along with interest if applicable.

Licensing complaints

If your complaint is about a licensing decision and you have exhausted all internal processes, you can contact:

Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
  • telephone: 0303 123 1113
  • website:  ICO

More useful links

Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback