Apply for a domestic valuation review
You can apply to have the valuation of an individual property reviewed because you believe the valuation is incorrect or because there has been a change that might affect the value of the property or because you want to apply for a valuation related relief or allowance.
Reasons for applying for a domestic valuation review
- You want to challenge the current valuation because you believe the valuation is incorrect and it has been more than 28 days since the property was last valued
- There has been a long term physical change to the property such as:
- the property has been extended
- a roof space conversion has been added
- a new garage or outbuilding has been built
- the property has been demolished
- part of the property or an outbuilding has been demolished
- the property is no longer occupied as it is derelict and beyond reasonable repair
- there are negative factors affecting the value of the property (this could be because your property is in a busy street, has a flood risk, or other nuisance factors)
- There has been a change of use at the property like part of the property is now used as a business
- You want to apply for a valuation related relief or allowance, or report a change to a relief or allowance you already receive
Do not use this form if a property has been flooded. If your property has been flooded, you may not have to pay your rates. To find out how to apply read the information at Rating exclusions on flooded homes
Before you start
An application for a valuation review may result in the valuation of your property increasing, decreasing or remaining the same.
To avoid debt recovery action, you should continue paying rates while LPS processes your application for review
You can only request a valuation review if more than 28 days have passed since the property was last valued. If it has been less than 28 days since the property was last valued and you believe the valuation is incorrect you can appeal this to the Commissioner of Valuation using an appeal form.
How to apply
By post or email
You can apply for a domestic valuation review by post or email by filling in the Review of Property Valuation (CR3) form. Return address and email information can be found on the form.
By applying online
You will start by finding the property’s valuation. You can search for your property by postcode, via the map or by using the advanced search option. Once you find your property you can use this service to apply for a valuation review.
To send your application you also need to include:
- Your contact details
- The reason for your application
- The owner and occupier details (if different from applicant)
After sending your application
You will receive an acknowledgement email within 15 minutes of submission and a confirmation email within 24 - 48 hours which will contain your application reference number and next steps.
If you are applying for a valuation-related relief or allowance you will receive a link to a questionnaire in your confirmation email. This questionnaire must be completed and returned within two weeks of submitting your application for a valuation review.
A valuation review can take around 90 days to complete. A member of LPS Valuation will contact you in due course to discuss your application and arrange an inspection of the property if this is needed.
After a decision is made
Once a decision on the valuation of the property is made, a Certificate of Valuation will be issued to you. If the valuation increases or decreases, the impact on your rate bill will be assessed and a new rate bill will be issued.