Find a local GUM clinic
You can find your local GUM clinic using the HSC service finder tool.
There is an appointment-only clinic at the Royal Victoria Hospital. To pre-book an appointment, contact the appointment line:
- telephone 028 9063 4050 Monday to Friday from 8.15am to 10.15am
Your appointment will be with a doctor or a specialist nurse.
There are male and female clinics open Monday to Friday, with separate entrances and waiting areas. The clinics are closed on bank and public holidays.
On Tuesday afternoon, there is a mixed clinic which is accessed through the male reception.
An HIV Prevention Clinic/Risk Reduction clinic runs several times per week in the GUM clinic. It has been set up to provide testing for STIs, behavioural interventions aimed at reducing risk and access to the HIV prevention drug PrEP (currently a two-year pilot)
To access this clinic you must first be assessed in any GUM clinic in Northern Ireland. If the healthcare professional feels you meet the criteria then you will be referred into the Risk Reduction clinic and suitable services provided.
Level 3 Outpatients Department
Royal Victoria Hospital
- telephone: 028 9063 4050
- Sexual health and HIV services - (Belfast Health and Social Care Trust website)
There is a walk-in clinic at the Causeway Hospital:
- on Tuesday from 5.00pm
- on Friday from 1.30pm
If the clinic is oversubscribed, you may be offered an alternative appointment.
There is also a nurse-led appointment only clinic:
- Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm
Outpatients Department 2
4 Newbridge Road
- telephone: 028 7034 6028 or 028 7034 7872
- GUM services (Northern Health and Social Care Trust website)
There is a nurse-led appointment only clinic in Braid Valley Hospital:
- on Monday from 9.30am until 12.30pm and 1.30pm until 4.00pm
- on Friday from 9.30am until 12.30pm
Braid Valley Hospital
- telephone: 028 7034 6028
Clinics for contraception and STI testing
You can make an appointment to get contraception or tested for a sexually transmitted infection (STI) at an integrated clinic. The clinics are nurse-led, appointment only and open:
- Thursday from 9.30am to 4.00pm in Braid Valley Hospital
- Wednesday from 9.30am to 12.00pm in Mid Ulster Hospital
To make an appointment at an integrated clinic:
- telephone 028 7034 6028 or 028 2826 6163
South Eastern Trust
There are specialist sexual health clinics in Downpatrick, Bangor and Lisburn providing routine and emergency appointments. The appointment line for all clinics is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.00pm:
- telephone: 028 4483 8133
The receptionist will give you an appointment or arrange for you to speak to a nurse, who will prioritise your case.
Appointments are available at the Downe Hospital on:
- Monday morning
- Wednesday morning and Wednesday evening
2 Struell Wells Road
Appointments are available at the Bangor Community Hospital on Friday morning.Bangor Community Hospital
Appointments are available at Lisburn Health Centre on:
- Monday morning
- Thursday morning
A youth health advice service is also available at Lisburn South Eastern Regional College on Monday mornings.
GPs and practice nurses in Bangor and Holywood provide sexual health checkups. If you live in these area and would like a check up, ask your GP about this service.
This will involve a blood test for HIV and syphilis and a urine sample or self-taken swab for chlamydia and gonorrhoea.
There is an appointments-based clinic in Newry on:
- Monday from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesday from 9.00am to 12.30pm
- Friday from 9.00am to 12.30pm
John Mitchell Place
- telephone: 028 3756 2080
There is a clinic at Portadown Health and Care Centre on:
- Tuesday from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Thursday from 9.00am to 4.00pm
Portadown Health and Care Centre
There is an appointment only clinic in Omagh on:
- Wednesday from 9.30am to 3.30pm
New Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex
- telephone: 028 7161 1269
There is a walk-in clinic on:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8.45am
The walk in clinics have limited spaces.
There are appointment-only clinics on :
- Monday from 2.00pm to 3.30pm and 4.15pm to 6.00pm (express clinic)
- Tuesday from 9.00am to 11.30am and 2.00pm to 3.30pm
- Wednesday from 2.00pm to 3.30pm
- Thursday from 9.00am to 11.30am
- telephone: 028 7161 1269