Apply for Housing Benefit / Rate Relief

Housing Benefit is a social security benefit paid by the NI Housing Executive (NIHE). It helps people on a low income pay their rent and rates. You do not need to be unemployed to get Housing Benefit.

Housing Benefit - NIHE

If you own your own property and need help with your rates only, you must apply to the Land and Property Service (LPS) - not the NI Housing Executive

You can download an application form from the NIHE website at the following link:

More useful links

Share this page


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback