Cold Weather Payment checker
Check to see if your Northern Ireland postcode is in an area due to receive payments triggered by cold weather. If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, visit GOV.UK.
How to use this service
You'll receive a Cold Weather Payment automatically if you get a qualifying benefit and live in a postcode area where the temperature is, or forecast to be, zero degrees or below for seven consecutive days.
To find out if your area is due a Cold Weather Payment, enter the first two letters and numbers of your postcode. For example BT71. Click search.
In this section
- Affordable Warmth grant scheme
- Apply for Housing Benefit / Rate Relief
- Benefits for higher education students with low incomes
- Budgeting Loans
- Christmas Bonus
- Cold Weather Payment
- Extended Payment of Housing Benefit / Rate Relief
- Finance Support
- Help with health costs
- Help with mortgage interest payments
- Income Support
- Income Support with dependant's allowance - two child limit
- Mortgage Interest Run On
- Universal Credit
- Universal Credit - two child limit
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback