Apply for Carer's Allowance online
If you give care to someone for at least 35 hours a week, you might be eligible for Carer's Allowance. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can apply online below.
Before you start
Before you apply, make sure you have:
- your National Insurance number
- the date of birth and address of the person you’re caring for
- your bank or building society details
You may need to provide course details if you are studying, and any employment details including dates and how much you are being paid or were paid.
You can find out how any personal information you submit to the Department for Communities (DFC) when using this service will be handled by viewing the privacy notice for work and inclusion group on their website.
You can backdate your claim by up to three months.
The page Carer's Allowance - how to claim has information about:
- who can claim
- backdating a claim and making a late claim
- other ways to claim
- other benefits you may be entitled to
- appealing a decision about your claim
If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, you can claim Carer’s Allowance online at GOV.UK.
Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback