Apply for Carer's Allowance online
If you're aged 16 or over and spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone who is ill or has a disability, you might be eligible for Carer's Allowance. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can apply online below.
Before you start
To apply, you will need:
- National Insurance number (if you have a partner you’ll need theirs too)
- bank or building society details (unless you get your State Pension)
- employment details and latest payslip if you’re working
- P45 if you’ve recently finished work
- course details if you’re studying
- details of any expenses, for example pension contributions or the cost of caring for your children or the disabled person while you’re at work
You also need details of the person you care for. You need their:
- date of birth and address
- National Insurance number if they’re 16 or over
- Disability Living Allowance reference if they’re under 16
You can find out how personal information you send to the Department for Communities (DfC) when using this service will be handled by viewing its privacy notice for work and inclusion group.