COVID-19 Guidance for Private Rented Sector Landlords and Tenants is available to explain protection to private renters during the coronavirus crisis, including new laws which have been introduced to give more protection. Landlords must give tenants at least 12 weeks’ notice to quit before applying for a court order to secure any eviction.
Using the helpline
The landlord helpline is for:
- professional estate and managing agents
- people considering renting residential property to tenants
You can contact the landlord helpline to ask about:
- preparing to rent
- property standards
- rights and responsibilities
- ending a tenancy
Helpline advisers will not give you advice about:
- other specialist areas in property renting
Helpline opening hours
The helpline is available from Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 2.30pm.
- telephone: 028 9024 5640 (option 5)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Rights operates the helpline on behalf of the Department for Communities.
More useful links