Coronavirus (COVID-19): pharmacy collect
Different testing services are available in Northern Ireland to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Find out who is eligible to collect coronavirus (COVID-19) tests from participating pharmacies in Northern Ireland.
Eligibility to collect COVID-19 tests from pharmacies
Do not enter a pharmacy if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Instead, if you have symptoms you should self-isolate and ask someone to collect tests for you from participating pharmacies or order tests online:
The following groups are eligible to collect free lateral flow tests from participating pharmacies:
- you do not have COVID-19 symptoms but are collecting tests for someone who does have symptoms and is eligible for tests
- you are in a group who may be eligible for new COVID-19 treatments and should obtain lateral flow tests in case you become symptomatic
- you are a carer who provides close personal care for someone who is at higher risk if they contract COVID-19
- you are working in or visiting high risk or vulnerable settings; for example care homes and hospital environments
- your GP or a healthcare professional has asked you to take a test
What to do if you are not eligible to collect tests
Do not try to collect tests unless you are eligible. This will help ensure that those who are at higher risk should they catch COVID-19 can access tests when they need them.
Follow the latest guidance on when to test and accessing and using COVID-19 tests:
Follow the latest guidance on staying safe and preventing the spread of COVID-19: