Contact your local council if you are concerned about the welfare of domestic pets, including horses, and non-farmed animals.
Belfast City Council
- phone: 028 9027 0431
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: Report an animal welfare issue
This region covers Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council; and Ards and North Down District Council.
- phone: 028 92447861
- email: email@example.com
- Lisburn and Castlereagh website: Welfare of animals
- Ards and North Down website: Animal welfare
This region covers Mid and East Antrim District Council; Causeway Coast and Glens District Council; and Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council.
- phone: 028 2563 3134
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid and East Antrim website: Animal Welfare
- Causeway Coast and Glens website: Animal Welfare
- Antrim and Newtownabbey website: Animal Welfare
This region covers Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council; and Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
- phone: 028 3751 5800
- email: email@example.com
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon website: Animal Welfare
- Newry, Mourne and Down website: Animal Welfare
This region covers Fermanagh and Omagh District Council; Derry City and Strabane District Council; and Mid Ulster District Council.
- phone: 028 8225 6226
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fermanagh and Omagh website: Welfare of Animals
- Derry City and Strabane website: Welfare of Animals
- Mid Ulster website: Animal Welfare
Office hours and emergencies
Note that all emails sent to the above email addresses will only be responded to during office hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (excluding public and bank holidays).
For emergency welfare cases out-of-hours, call the numbers above and you will be directed to the out-of-hours service.
If you are concerned about the welfare of farmed animals or animals kept in riding establishments, boarding kennels, pet shops or zoos, contact the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
If it is an emergency outside normal office hours contact, your local vet or the PSNI: