Tips on safe trampolining include:
- trampolining is not suitable for children under the age of six because they're not physically developed enough to control their bouncing
- always use a safety net to prevent falls off the trampoline
- although adult supervision is no guarantee of safety it is recommended that children are supervised at all times and make sure they have rest periods
- only allow one child at a time to use the trampoline
- only bounce on the middle of the trampoline
- step on and off the trampoline – never jump
- always use safety pads and check they cover the springs, hooks and frame to prevent injuries on the trampoline
- new trampolines should meet the European Standard EN7-14:2014
- never go underneath a trampoline
- ideally place the trampoline on energy absorbing ground, such as soft and springy lawn, bark woodchip, sand or other cushioning material
- never place on hard surfaces such as concrete, tarmac or hard packed mud without absorbent safety matting
Domestic trampolines are not designed for stunts like somersaults or flips.
Remember that trampolines are not suitable for babies, toddlers and very young children.