How Steps 2 Success works
The Steps 2 Success (S2S) programme has closed to new entrants. If you're already on the programme and not completed your attachment period, your lead contractor will continue to work with you.
This information is relevant to those who are already on the programme.
The Steps 2 Success programme is delivered across Northern Ireland by:
- Ingeus – Greater Belfast
- PeoplePlus NI – North and North West
- Reed in Partnership – South and South West
The programme is flexible to help you address your barriers to employment and help you move into work.
You will have a dedicated adviser who will:
- support you on the programme
- discuss your job goals, previous work experience and circumstances
- agree steps and support needed to help you move towards and into employment
- keep in contact and give you in-work support after you get a job
Who can take part in Steps 2 Success
If you’re receiving a work-related benefit, you can take part in Steps 2 Success either:
- when you are receiving a work-related benefit for a period of time
- from the start of your claim
- when you’re advised that you must take part in the programme
Your adviser/ work coach in your local Jobs and Benefits office or Job Centre can advise you if you must take part in the programme and when you will be expected to start.
As the programme is now closed to new entrants, you can only take part if you were scheduled to be on it before 18 March 2020.
How long the programme lasts
You will usually take part in the programme for 52 weeks.
If you don’t find a job within the 52-week period and continue to get benefits, your adviser/ work coach will offer you employment support for a further 26 weeks.
If you still don’t have a job after this 26-week period, you may have to take part in the Steps 2 Success programme for a further 52 weeks.
If you don’t take part in Steps 2 Success
If you've been told you have to take part in the Steps 2 Success programme, your benefit may be affected and a benefit sanction imposed if you don't take part.
Financial help when taking part in Steps 2 Success
When taking part in the Steps 2 Success programme, you’ll continue to receive your normal benefit entitlement. Help may also be available towards your cost of travel and childcare.
For further information, speak with an adviser or work coach in your local Jobs and Benefits office.