All applications submitted for funding have been evaluated by a panel of officials from within the Department and scored against a set criteria.
Of the 61 applications received 14 were deemed to have met this criteria and were subsequently recommended for grant funding.
The following organisations have been successful in securing funding through the 2020/21 Road Safety (Safe Travel) Grant Scheme subject to accepting the terms and conditions in the Letter of Offer and Funding Agreement which has been issued to each of them:
- Ballinacraig Community Association
- BEAM Creative Network
- Belfast Healthy Cities
- Carrickfergus Road Safety Committee
- Colin Neighbourhood Partnership
- Cycling UK
- Derrytresk Community Projects
- Healthy Kidz CIC
- Mount Eagles / Lagmore Youth & Community Association
- New Driver Safety Ambassador Limited
- Road Safe NI
- Road Safe NI: Newry, Mourne & Down Committee
- St. Mary’s GAC, Rasharkin
These organisations will work to support achievement of the targets contained within the Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy and the Programme for Government outcomes associated with increasing active travel.
Projects will be completed by 5 March 2021.