How to find out if you qualify for benefits
You may be entitled to receive benefits if you are on a low income or have certain costs to meet because of your personal situation.
If any of the following apply to you:
- you are on a low income (employed or looking for work)
- you have dependent children
- you are sick or have a disability
- you are caring for someone
- you have reached the age at which you can claim State Pension
- you have been bereaved
- you are pregnant or have recently had a baby
To find out if you may qualify to receive financial or other support visit:
Benefit information if you are of working age
If you are of working age, you can also telephone or visit your local Jobs and Benefits office.
Whether you are already working or are looking for work, the staff there will be able to tell you about any benefits you can claim.
Your entitlement to benefits, services and supports
You can contact Make the Call who will carry out a benefit entitlement check and look at what benefits, supports and services may be available to you.