The Christian Church developed an administrative structure of dioceses, each made up of groups of parishes and presided over by a bishop.
Dioceses in Northern Ireland
This guide shows the ecclesiastical territories within the six counties of Northern Ireland.
Alphabetical list of dioceses
- Armagh (Counties Armagh, Londonderry and Tyrone)
- Clogher (Counties Armagh, Fermanagh and Tyrone)
- Connor (Counties Antrim, Down and Londonderry)
- Derry (Counties Antrim, Londonderry and Tyrone)
- Down (Counties Antrim and Down)
- Dromore (Counties Antrim, Armagh and Down)
- Kilmore (County Fermanagh)
- Newry and Mourne (Counties Armagh and Down)