Cost of a digital tachograph card
All drivers of lorries with digital tachograph Vehicle Units (VUs) must use a personal digital tachograph driver card. The table below shows the fees for different types of digital tachograph cards and details of how to pay.
Table of costs
|Digital tachograph card fees||Driver card||Company card|
|First card application||£32||£32|
|Replacement card: lost, stolen or damaged||£19||£19|
|Change of name and/or address on existing digital tachograph card||Free||£32|
|Changing GB or Member State digital tachograph driver card for your first NI digital tachograph driver card||£32||N/A|
|Malfunctioning card: card is not working properly||Free||Free|
|Your present card is due for renewal or has expired||£19||£19|
|Your present card has been withdrawn or suspended||£32||£32|
You should note, workshop cards do not require a fee.
How to pay
- do not post cash or a blank postal order with your application; Driver & Vehicle Agency (DVA) can't be held responsible if it goes missing
- make your cheque or postal order payable to 'DVA Coleraine'
- remember to sign and date your cheque and check it is for the right amount - the amount written in words must match the amount written in figures - do not post-date your cheque as DVA can't accept it
- on the back of your payment write your full name, address, date of birth and/or driver's number if known
- if you underpay, your application will be returned to you for the right payment
You can also pay at the following MOT Test Centres which accept cash, cheques, credit cards and debit cards:
Armagh, Belfast, Ballymena, Downpatrick, Enniskillen, New Buildings and Omagh.