Cost of a digital tachograph card
All drivers of lorries with digital tachograph Vehicle Units (VUs) must use a personal digital tachograph driver card. The table below shows the fees for different types of digital tachograph cards and details of how to pay.
Table of costs
|Digital tachograph card fees||Driver card||Company card|
|First card application||£32||£32|
|Replacement card: lost, stolen or damaged||£19||£19|
|Change of name and/or address on existing digital tachograph card||Free||£32|
|Changing GB or Member State digital tachograph driver card for your first NI digital tachograph driver card||£32||N/A|
|Malfunctioning card: card is not working properly||Free||Free|
|Your present card is due for renewal or has expired||£19||£19|
|Your present card has been withdrawn or suspended||£32||£32|
You should note, workshop cards do not require a fee.
How to pay
- do not post cash or a blank postal order with your application; Driver & Vehicle Agency (DVA) can't be held responsible if it goes missing
- make your cheque or postal order payable to 'DVA Coleraine'
- remember to sign and date your cheque and check it is for the right amount - the amount written in words must match the amount written in figures - do not post-date your cheque as DVA can't accept it
- on the back of your payment write your full name, address, date of birth and/ or driver's number if known
- if you underpay, your application will be returned to you for the right payment