Condition Management Programme
The Condition Management Programme helps you manage your health condition to allow you to progress towards, move into and stay in employment. The programme is led by healthcare professionals, such as occupational therapists, physiotherapists and mental health nurses.
About the Condition Management Programme
The Condition Management Programme (CMP) gives support and advice to help clients manage conditions including:
- arthritic complaints
- back and neck problems
- chronic fatigue
- heart, circulatory and respiratory disorders
The programme will help you to:
- better understand your condition
- improve your day to day functioning
- increase your confidence
- improve your prospects of returning to work or staying in work
It offers advice, education and support on:
- dealing with stress, anxiety, low mood and depression
- coping with pain and fatigue
- relaxation techniques
- communicating with confidence
- developing a healthier lifestyle
- exploring potential options that will help you progress towards employment or help you make a successful return to work
If the programme is suitable for you, healthcare professionals will give you an action plan to help you manage your condition. They will work with you and support you as the action plan is delivered.
The Condition Management Programme can last up to 12 weeks. Sessions are on a one-to-one basis, with the opportunity to go to group workshops.
You may be eligible to take part in the CMP if any of the following apply to you:
- are in work struggling to stay in work due to your health condition
- have recently gone off work due to your health condition
- are receiving benefits and struggling to find work due to your health condition
Taking part in the CMP is voluntary so it will not affect your benefits.
Apply for the Condition Management Programme
Contact your local Jobs and Benefits office and speak with an employment advisor or work coach or contact the CMP office in your local Health and Social Care Trust.
The CMP team will talk about the programme with you and whether it meets your needs.