Buy 2018 DAERA rod licences, permits and River Bush day tickets, including concessionary disabled. Buy rod licences, permits and River Bush day tickets
Everything you need to go fishing
Everything you need to know about fishing in Northern Ireland can be found at the link below including places to fish, fish stocking figures, latest news and more:
There is a possibility of model aircraft flying activity at Lough Cowey on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 February 2018.
Community Outreach Angling Events Fund
The 'Community Outreach Angling Events Fund' which helps with small grants, to encourage participation in angling, will reopen from Monday 15 January 2018 following a short suspension of this scheme. Further information is available from DAERA Inland Fisheries, by telephone:
Phone: 0300 2007 860
Improvement works at Hillsborough Lake dams
Due to improvement works at Hillsborough Lake dams:
- the upper car park will stay closed until the works are finished
- Church Dam will be closed from 8 January 2018 - once the work at Church Dam is finished, the contractors will move back to finish the works on West Dam - this schedule depends on weather conditions as wet ground would be heavily damaged by equipment
- to avoid harming the public, fly fishing is not allowed from any of the dam walls and shores beside the dam walls or near the footbridge
- anglers can use at least one dam for angling at any one time during the improvement works
The car park gates at Portavoe Reservoir will be locked each evening (before darkness) until 8.00 am the following day due to a series of anti-social behaviour issues at the site. This arrangement will be in place until further notice.
- find out more about angling at Portavoe Reservoir
Catch returns online
Rod licence holders are legally required to make a catch return, as these help to manage fish stock. When you complete your angling catch return online, you will be entered into a draw for the chance to win a DAERA rod licence and permit. Find out more:
Sea Angling Diary Project
Anglers are invited to take part in a short survey about sea angling and to take part in a sea angling diary study. Even if you only go sea fishing once a year, you can still participate in this vital study.
To do the survey, please visit the Sea Angling Diary website. By doing the survey, you will be entered into a free prize draw for gift vouchers
The survey will take five to ten minutes and will ask you:
- some basic details about your sea angling participation
- whether you are interested in taking part in a Sea Angling Catch and Spending Diary Study in 2017
If you choose to take part in the Sea Angling Diary, it will provide you, free of charge, with unique access to an Online Catch Diary tool, a Fish ID booklet, a catch recording kit, and a personalised online dashboard so you can see your fishing trips and catches as well as a report at the end of the year. You will also be entered in another free prize draw for gift vouchers.
New fisheries added to DAERA Public Angling Estate
A number of new waters have been added to the DAERA Public Angling Estate. They are:
- Dunalis Reservoir near Coleraine
- Boomers Dam in Lisburn
- Lough Islandreavy in the Mournes
- Creighton’s Green near Belfast
The new fisheries will be jointly managed with local angling clubs and day tickets will be available to DAERA Season Permit holders at reduced rates.
Further information will be published here in the coming weeks. If you have questions about these new waters, please contact:
Safety at waterways
If you're a competitor or a spectator at angling events, always pay attention to safety notices and warnings about waterways.