Everything you need to go fishing
Everything you need to know about fishing in Northern Ireland:
- Buy rod licences, permits and River Bush day tickets
- Angling - includes places to fish, fish stocking figures and more
Craigavon City Park Lake South
The car park at Craigavon Watersports Centre is closed due to construction work. Therefore the nearest car park for anglers fishing at Craigavon City Park Lake South is off roundabout nine on the Portadown to Lurgan road.
Improvement works will be taking place at all Woodburn Dams' car parks, starting with North Woodburn car park, which will be closed while works are ongoing. Each of the other car parks will also close when improvement works take place. These works will be done as quickly as possible weather permitting. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Angling at North Woodburn
- Angling at Upper South Woodburn
- Angling at Middle South Woodburn
- Angling at Lower South Woodburn
Celebration of Sport Event, Bangor
This event has been postponed due to a weather conditions. The organisers are working with their suppliers and delivery partners to secure a new date.
The Celebration of Sport Event event brings together multiple demonstrations of sports and encourages participation amongst all ages in the community, while also recognising the success of local athletes during 2017.
Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) Inland Fisheries will be attending to encourage community groups to get involved in angling.
Contact details for community groups interested in attending:
Telephone: 028 9046 6896
North West Model Aircraft Club plan to be at Moor Lough on the following dates 13 May, 29 July and 31 September 2018 - weather permitting.
Anglers may wish to consider other nearby angling waters on those dates, such as Lough Ash.
Community Outreach Angling Events Fund
The 'Community Outreach Angling Events Fund' which helps with small grants, to encourage participation in angling, has reopened (since Monday 15 January 2018) following a short suspension of this scheme. Further information is available from DAERA Inland Fisheries, by telephone:
Phone: 0300 2007 860
Improvement works at Hillsborough Lake dams
Due to improvement works at Hillsborough Lake dams:
- the upper car park will stay closed until the works are finished
- Church Dam is closed - once the work at Church Dam is finished, the contractors will move back to finish the works on West Dam - this schedule depends on weather conditions as wet ground would be heavily damaged by equipment
- to avoid harming the public, fly fishing is not allowed from any of the dam walls and shores beside the dam walls or near the footbridge
- anglers can use at least one dam for angling at any one time during the improvement works
The car park gates at Portavoe Reservoir will be locked each evening (before darkness) until 8.00 am the following day due to a series of anti-social behaviour issues at the site. This arrangement will be in place until further notice.
- find out more about angling at Portavoe Reservoir
New fisheries added to DAERA Public Angling Estate
A number of new waters have been added to the DAERA Public Angling Estate. They are:
- Dunalis Reservoir near Coleraine
- Boomers Dam in Lisburn
- Lough Islandreavy in the Mournes
- Creighton’s Green near Belfast
The new fisheries will be jointly managed with local angling clubs and day tickets will be available to DAERA Season Permit holders at reduced rates.
Further information will be published here in the coming weeks. If you have questions about these new waters, contact:
Safety at waterways
If you're a competitor or a spectator at angling events, always pay attention to safety notices and warnings about waterways.