Remember to put clocks back this weekend
Reset clocks on Saturday night
You should reset your household clocks, watches and time-based equipment on Saturday night, so you don't spend Sunday trying to figure why you're early and everyone else is late.
The equipment you may need to reset includes:
- clocks – especially alarm clocks
- central heating and hot water timers
- your mobile phone and computer (if their time zone settings don't automatically take the correct local time from the internet)
Greenwich Mean Time
British Summer Time starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October, at 1.00 am Greenwich Mean Time.
This means that:
- in autumn the clocks go back - at 2.00 am British Summer Time moves to 1.00 am Greenwich Mean Time
- in spring the clocks go forward - at 1.00 am Greenwich Mean Time moves to 2.00 am British Summer Time