Winter Fuel Payment - report a change in circumstances
If you're eligible for a Winter Fuel Payment, you need to report any changes in your personal circumstances as this might be relevant to the payment you receive. You also need to report any changes in your household.
Changes you need to report
If your circumstances change this may affect whether you qualify for Winter Fuel Payment or the amount you can get.
Report any change of circumstances as soon as possible, as these can affect how much Winter Fuel Payment you get. For example, if you stop getting a benefit, move house or go into care. If you cancel your payments, you can change this at any time.
You need to report changes such as:
- you or someone else eligible for Winter Fuel Payment moves in or out of your house
- you or someone else eligible for Winter Fuel Payment moves into or goes to live in a care home
- someone who was eligible for Winter Fuel Payment in the household dies
- you change your bank account details
- you move abroad
- you stop getting a benefit
- you want to cancel future payments
- you want to return a payment
How to report a change in circumstances
To report a change in your circumstances, you should contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre .
If you live in the EEA and Switzerland
If you live in the EEA or Switzerland and you need to contact someone about a change in your circumstances, you should contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre.
If you’ve been paid too much
You may have to repay the money if you:
- did not report a change straight away
- gave wrong information
- were overpaid by mistake
Find out how to repay the money you owe from benefit overpayment.