Changes you need to report
If your circumstances change this may affect whether you qualify for Winter Fuel Payment or the amount you can get.
Report any change of circumstances as soon as possible. If you cancel your payments, you can change this at any time.
You need to report changes such as:
- you or someone else eligible for Winter Fuel Payment moves in or out of your house
- you or someone else eligible for Winter Fuel Payment moves into or goes to live in a care home
- someone who was eligible for Winter Fuel Payment in the household dies
- you change your bank account details
- you move abroad
- you stop getting a benefit
- you want to cancel future payments
- you want to return a payment
How to report a change in circumstances
To report a change in your circumstances, the office you need to contact depends on whether you received a Winter Fuel Payment before.
If you've received Winter Fuel Payment before
If you received a Winter Fuel Payment during winter 2018/2019, you should contact the benefits office that makes your payments.
Contact details are on the letter you were sent about your Winter Fuel Payment. Alternatively, a list of local offices can be found at the link below:
If you've not received Winter Fuel Payment before
If you claimed for the first time and the information in your claim form is now incorrect, you should contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre and report the changes.
If you live in the EEA and Switzerland
If you live in the EEA or Switzerland and you need to contact someone about a change in your circumstances, you should contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre.