Humanist marriage temporary celebrant registration

If you’re a Humanist marriage celebrant, accredited by a qualified Humanist organisation, and you’re aged 21 or over, you may apply to carry out individual humanist-led civil wedding ceremonies in Northern Ireland.

Humanist organisation

A qualified Humanist organisation must be a registered charity, have more than 10 members, and have a public statement describing the meaning of humanism and the organisation’s goal.

Temporary celebrant application

A Humanist marriage celebrant must apply to conduct each marriage by completing the application form at this link:

Sending the application

You should fill out the form in block capitals, except for the signatures required. Completed application forms should be returned to the General Register Office

Help with registering as a Humanist marriage celebrant

If you have any questions about your application you should contact the General Register Office for Northern Ireland.

More useful links


Share this page


Your comments are anonymous and can’t be responded to - if you would like a reply, use the feedback form.

Your comments
Plain text only, 750 characters maximum. Don't include personal or financial information.