A qualified Humanist organisation must be a registered charity, have more than 10 members, and have a public statement describing the meaning of humanism and the organisation’s goal.
Temporary celebrant application
A Humanist marriage celebrant must apply to conduct each marriage by completing the application form at this link:
Sending the application
You should fill out the form in block capitals, except for the signatures required. Completed application forms should be returned to the General Register Office.
Help with registering as a Humanist marriage celebrant
If you have any questions about your application you should contact the General Register Office for Northern Ireland.
More useful links
- District registrars in Northern Ireland
- Getting married in a religious ceremony
- Getting married in a civil ceremony
- Marriage/ civil partnership and immigration control
- How and when to give notice for marriage