Skip to content

Apply for Jobseeker's Allowance

The following applies only if you live in Northern Ireland. Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) is the main benefit for people of working age who are unemployed. Information on Jobseeker’s Allowance can be easily accessed by calling the freephone number  0800 022 4250 (calls are free from BT landline and most mobiles).

How to use this service

Ask for a form

You can ask for any Jobseeker's Allowance forms from your nearest Social Security / Jobs and Benefits office.

The following forms are only available on request:

  • help for unemployed people. ·Ask for an initial claim form JSA1
  • if you are claiming as a single person ask for initial claim form JSA1(S)
  • if you are are already getting Jobseeker's Allowance and your circumstances change ask for a review form JSA 3
  • if you are reclaiming Jobseeker's Allowance within 12 weeks and there has been no change in your circumstances ask for a Rapid Reclaim form JSA 4RR
  • if you are a reservist ask for a Rapid Reclaim form JSA 4RR
  • if you want to apply for your Jobseeker's Allowance to be backdated ask for Jobseekers Allowance Form JSA 5

More useful links