Education Maintenance Allowance application forms and guidance notes

Date published: 01 April 2017

You can apply for  EMA in the 2018-2019 academic year by using the application form below, or you can get one from your school, Further Education college or local Jobs and Benefits Office.

If you're a returning student,  or need to confirm your household income, you may be asked to fill in the financial details form.


To find out how personal information you send when applying for student finance will be handled, go to Student Loans Company privacy notice.


Would you like to leave feedback about this page? Send us your feedback