You and your bicycle
Make sure that you feel confident of your ability to ride safely on the road.
Be sure that:
- you choose the right size and type of cycle for comfort and safety
- lights and reflectors are kept clean and in good working order
- tyres are in good condition and inflated to the pressure shown on the tyre
- gears are working correctly
- the chain is properly adjusted and oiled
- the saddle and handlebars are adjusted to the correct height
- ensure your brakes are efficient
- ensure a working bell or horn is fitted
- at night, use lit front and rear lights and have a red rear reflector
Laws RV(T)R reg 7 & RVLR reg 21
Cycle training can help both children and adults, especially those adults returning to cycling to develop the skills needed to cycle safely on today’s roads.